Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sinners In The Hands Of God


Wow! That single word was my first expression after reading this passage about "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God". This passage is very intimidating and powerful, so much so it makes you think about what you've done as a child of God. This passage seems to be as if from a very devout religious group of Christians that are strict. So strict in fact, you can't even live life freely without being conscious of EVERY SINGLE MOVE you make throughout the day. Besides the fact that this was written about or for a devout Christian group, maybe Purtans, this passage elaborated a lot on detail. By giving the passage detail on each subject gave it life. Reading this passage gave me perspective on what it would be like to live under this type of fear. Overall the poem was informative and interesting. Being in a type of situation where some one is shoving down my throat what I should know and what I should do makes it already extremely hard to even believe or follow that person. If someone were to sermon me any message that goes like, "JOIN US OR DIE" or "IF YOU MESS UP, NO SECONDS CHANCES," I would not even think to believe a single word this person is saying. I would just tell them, "Just stop it all." then leave(although I must admit I'd probably be scared just a little) Now, if they power that if I told them that I don't believe to do "something" to me so I will confess that I "believe" so then I really wouldn't say anything. Tell them I believe when I don't, that's what I would do. In addition, the imagery helped me understand a lot of where the author was going with it too.I was brought to Fear a God that understands I was born in sin and realizes I'm probably going to make mistakes in this world,but seeking forgiveness through repentance. On the other hand, could it be that their reason(the Puritans) for being so straight-forward about being perfect all the time is to put people in a mind state that allows no room for mistakes even though (they know) there is?

No comments:

Post a Comment