Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 5, 2014 : "Temporary Love" poem by Me


Months passed,
As I arise in the day,
Praying and waiting for it to come my way.
There's no other season quite like it you see,
Not Fall, Not Summer, Nor' Spring.
I can't stand it when it gives me frost bites,
Yet enlightens me with warm and fuzzy feelings.
HERE IT COMES...
The way Winter holds me in her arms of icy white snow,
and so gently kisses my breath for the world to see and all to know.
To be in its presence,
My attire must be up to part,
Avoiding a visit that's very unpleasant,
Winter tells me "Hat,Shoes,Coat,Scarf!".
I didn't listen..
The coldness surrounding me made me sick,
Winter tells me "Hot chocolate and a blistering fire will do the trick"

O'field, your harvest has been reaped and spent,
Replaced with fluffy pressured water heaven sent.
O' tree, your leaves are no longer and you've frozen in a dream,
Replaced with icicles and colorful christmas lights twirling around in theme.
But no worries,
For it is only temporary.
I thank you for the sacrifice to bring others joy and merry.
AND SO IT GOES..
No more snowballs,sleds,candy canes,toys,
jolly songs for girls and boys,
The time has come that for you to leave me now...
It was lovely while it lasted..Don't cry..
Winter tells me "I'll try"
We both know that you'll thaw beneath Spring in a twinkling of an eye.
Just promise me one thing,
That you will find me once again,
And hold me in your hands.

Months passed,
As I arise in the day,
Praying and waiting for it to come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment