Wednesday, December 10, 2014

November 27: Thanksgiving Special

It was beyond great to be able to go home for Thanksgiving Break. I got to spend time with all my loved ones and enjoy so much delicious food my family made. As tradition in my household, everyone talks and tells stories of the good past times while the food is cooking in the kitchen. The kids run around and the older kids play cards. We all pray and bless the food before it is consumed. Honestly speaking, I ate ate at least 3 plates this time around on Thanksgiving lol. The gym was my bestfriend the next two days after. Later on in the day, me and some of my family go downtown Chicago and participate in the holiday festivities around Millennium Park. although I am not the best ice skater, I tried my best! The soup kitchen I use to volunteer for was no longer open so my family and I went to another local shelter to help serve food to others. There is always something to be thankful for. This day reminds me of that all the time and for years to come. To always be humble because one person's "floor" is another person's "ceiling". HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment