Wednesday, December 10, 2014

November 13, 2014: The Day I Supposedly became An American

The day I became an American..............................................the day ancestors were here before Columbus or China. Although, it wasn't even called Native American I'm sure...but you know. We'll just go by what it is now. I became an American ever since I entered the school system! Actually, I really have no idea when I became an American. American is such a widely varied term. In the the U.S you can be American no matter what you really are.My point is, when did any of us become Americans? American is just a name that some Europeans made up for people just for separation. American is just a mix of many...I can be called African-American, even though I'm a bunch of things.Ethnicity wouldn't have mattered if they didn't make it matter.The name African American is just a reminder that I'm African first(in actuality I'm not even African) and American second. Allow me to explain. Africa was named after a European man by the name of Leo Africanus.If anything shouldn't I be called a moore?? However, American is more of a where you were born or where you are term, not a what you are. In final, I never REALLY became American, I've only adopted the "American" lifestyle in America.=]

No comments:

Post a Comment