Tuesday, December 9, 2014

October 25, 2014 : Birthday & Homecoming Week

This week has been a really exciting week. I had the opportunity to attend my first college homecoming football game. It was incredible! To top off the game , they had a firework show towards the end. Not to mention that it was also my birthday :) Dinner with newly made friends and a chocolate cupcake to top off the night is what made it so perfect. Although it was in fact my first birthday away from home, I really enjoyed myself. Furthermore, my auntie sent me a quote via text message which I must share. "A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy." It meant a lot because every birthday welcome that I get is always about the true meaning of it. The value is in the thought of someone remembering to tell you about your celebration. It is such a special day for you after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment