Tuesday, December 9, 2014

October 17, 2014 :"Scared of Stupidity" Story

Honestly, the path the author had chosen to take with this memoir is simple and yet accomplished. Barry established a realistic plot and gave me a just enough information on the setting as well as a overall theme and conflict. In result of this, I could tell right off the back who was and should be the main focus regarding characters, the narrator Barry and Fassil (Barry’s friend). Around the time that the climax presented itself, realistic dialogue was conveyed from the author himself after realizing someone(or something ..well animal in their case) is running towards them, “I ain’t gonna be the last to leave, I’m getting outta here’, he says to himself. In addition, he did an awesome job at keeping my attention. Throughout most of the memoir, he told everything that happened and ma I mention how suspense
ful he had me from just reading it and the words he chose to use when it came to portraying just how "scared in stupidity" he was. Brilliant! The author's feelings and thought's towards the incident/memory were more than clear enough. He admits to being scared, but doesn't move rapidly because he literally couldn't. "I tried to get up, but I couldn’t get off the bench. Some how I was stuck.." Personally, since I'm such a fan of horror/suspense/mystery, I couldn't have loved this memoir any more, it's perfect yet succinct and to the point. When I read, "It turned out it was a deer"... nearly had me laughing on the floor in total shock and relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment